Thursday, April 2, 2009

Tweeteorology


Tweeter-what?! That's right, I said Tweeteorology! It is an application for Twitter in which Twitter users can get the forecast to their desktop for their area code. Follow the Tweeteorology link to the application website and enter in your zip code for an up to date weather forecast and tweets from people in that area commenting on the weather.

I was thinking what a great application to be used in a Math or Science classroom with the teacher monitoring the students. Tweeteorology can be used for in the classroom where the students can predict the weather for future dates by recording the weather over a period of time. Also with the weather records from the previous years; students from year to year can predict the weather on say any particular date such as December 25 of every year!

In my Math classroom I could have a different student each day go onto the Tweeteorology website and look up and record the weather for that day. Then after a few weeks of recording I could incorporate that information into my lesson plans with graphs and growth and decay rates.

I like Tweeteorlogy for my own personal use. When I start my day I can look up what the weather is like before I even head outside. This allows me to dress properly. Also if I don't like the weather, I can vent my frustration on the Tweeteorlogy message board! Add it this application on your Twitter account today!

No comments:

Post a Comment