Tuesday, April 28, 2009

GPS Assignment






The first picture was from Lisa and my first cashe we were suppose to find. We looked everywhere. Then Nate and Megan showed up looking for the same cashe. Again we were unsuccessful in finding the cashe so we took a picture together showing that we did not find it. The second picture is of Lisa and I with the second cashe we were suppose to find. It was in a tree!

So the difficulty I found with the GPS and geocashing was that the coordinates given to us were not the exact ones where the cash was hidden. I know that it can be impossible to get the exact coordinates, but Lisa and I would end up about twenty feet away from where the cashe was. So we were placed in a general area, just not very close to the actually position of the cashe. I would love to incoorperate GPS's into my classroom when I teach a unit about degrees, angles, and coordinates. It would provide a great activity for my students to get involved and really get to understanding the material I teach.

It was a great day to do that activity and I really enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment