Monday, February 16, 2009

Using Excel as a Worksheet!


I was reading up on one of the blogs that I follow Maths Teaching. She had published a post last month called Excel and Maths. This post has a link to a website, MathsFiles, where there are 37 different Excel files that you can download and use in the classroom to help students on a specific math areas. I was really amazed by this website. You are able to preview the what the Excel layouts look like before you download them. For Educational Media I did an Excel worksheet dealing with area formulas. I found it difficult to come up with Excel worksheet so when I discovered this website I was again amazed!

These Excel files are such a great idea and are useful to the student. I will definitely be using these MathsFiles in my classroom to help my students better understand the material we cover in class. I also thought that these Excel files are something that the parents can download at home. This way the students have access to these resources whenever they need them; instead of just during school hours. These files are a great way to get the students involved in the material and it is a way for them to learn but also have fun at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment