Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My Theme and More

Introduction to my themed blog:

The theme I created for my blog is about finding ways to teach Math with technology. When it comes to Math, it is hard to not just result in using the traditional ways of using a white board or an overhead projector. Those resources are helpful, but I'm interested in the new up to date classroom technology resources. Through my theme blog I will share my ideas and knowledge (and others' knowledge as well) with my readers on every source of classroom technology I can find.

Blogs I Discovered:

1). Math Education And Teaching - The writer of this blog talks all about teaching Math and how to make it fun for the students. I decided on this blog because along with learning new ways to teach math with technology, I was also looking for just a pure Math blog. This blog holds to that so I can learn to make learning easier for my students. Although only had a few entries and has not been updated in a while, I still found entries worth while to keep handy since it contains material that I need to keep in mind while teaching. The writer of Math Education And Teaching is writing to express their opinions only. There are no links to any other blogs or websites.

2). Maths Teaching - This blog is also purely Math, but with allot of resources and links. The writer's main purpose, I believe, is it share her teaching styles and materials with others. She has posted a number of worksheet and presentation links created by her to use in the classroom. Along with web links to check out for teacher and student use. The writer posts only about three times a month, but she posts of much information in just one post, it's enough for multiple lesson plans. Great resources at my disposal.

3). Teach Science and Math - A great blog relating to using technology to teach Math and Science! The writer mainly links to websites for teacher and student use. He also gives ideas to lesson plans and activities for both Science and Math. Offers lots of links and updates everyday. Teach Science and Math blog grabbed my attention and the writer keeps me interested with a variety of topics relating to his theme.

Check these blogs out! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment